Sunday, May 7, 2017

Holding grudges in our belly

I've been thinking of how Icy and the puppy both went after those they hated just before they died and gave enormously to those they loved. Either the inhibitions go down (fear of retaliation) or the poisonous thoughts (memories to be acted on) come up for review or.

It explains the Scrooges who cut those who they hated out of their wills in a last act of spite and revenge.

It's a sobering thought. If nothing else we must forgive: and understand that these grudges are carried in our belly as we go through life. The ineffectual protest to petty cruelties we endure because we don't want to deal with the bullies build up am emotional life of their own. The frustrations, hatreds are all waiting for expression in our last days. There's no avoiding it.

I've been trying since the realisation to forgive all the old wrongs - Sangitha for her hubris, U aunty for her ingratitude & mockery, even shopkeepers for annoying or cheating me! I don't want them to drag me down in my last days.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment