Saturday, February 25, 2017

Burp walked!

Today Burp walked on his front legs for the first time in the 3 months I've had him!! I held his hind legs up with a waist cloth, but I never thought this day would come! He walked 10-15 tentative steps to his fav spot from outside to the inside,:scared of falling but amazed himself.

He's been turning himself over for 2 months though a fortnight ago developed a persistent lower bowel and perineum inflammation that hasn't let up and a little blood in his stool this morning.

But he's been sitting up straighter and higher, developing some upper back strength so I thought why not give it a try.

He began with baby steps since his upper body hasn't carried his weight in months but very quickly chose the direction he wanted to go and with a nudge he even took a small slope in his stride!

To think I almost euthanized him in my terror of gangrenes past! My guides were wise to distract me from my panic and heavy heart with looking for a vet to do the deed, so I relaxed and did my best to heal him once I had the worst case scenario taken care of.

His hindlegs still hung uselessly though he moves them when lying down. He needs his willpower to develop to relearn how to direct them again - it's all wild and chaotic movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment