Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Ahimsa to plants

Since I can't bear to eat my fungus infested food I've been doing very well eating out.

But I do get the point: except for pinching off tips of plants, new growth, everything else hurts the plant.  This method actually spurs thicker herb growth while leaving the larger lower older leaves to protect the stem from the harsh heat & light. I'm embarrassed that I didn't understand this before. I'm a bad gardener and no wonder. I just didn't get plants at all.

Being vegan, there's some relief in knowing the right way to be ahimsa with plants. There's always been enormous guilt at explaining away hurting them. I looked around and was so pleased to see the plants I'd pinched off before spreading.

The thing though is that I don't know how to cook it in a self-sustaining way. I'm still eating other stuff three meals a day. A long way to go, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment