Friday, June 10, 2016

Out of Neutrality

Twitter is a very thought-provoking place. I feel awoke. I've made up my mind and changed it on many subjects on it. Almost feel like sleeping beauty waking up, not to a prince, but to position; from brain fog to clarity.

All my life I've been incredibly benign, even indifferent, to vaccines because 1) it's compulsory in India and more importantly 2) my mother is so strongly pro-vax and I simply  never contradict her.

I've had to live with several long term effects of vax, but I was only grateful to homeopathy for relieving and removing so many of them, not really angry at the allopathic community for causing it.

It was only in Twitter that I realised that the allopaths are all such jerks about the harm they do to children that I've hardened my stand considerably on rhe antivax side. I thank Char (and the sceps hounding her) entirely for this awakening.

I've learnt about narcissists and how to call it! The male indifference to women that I thought of as patriarchal is also narc, with a brand new vocabulary. Ginger and soulsisters woke me to it.

Brutalizing POC too by white privilege was never clearer to me than on Twitter thanks to chanta, bleep, g, etc.

Even the Brit sceps have had an educational influence on me, largely negative though it is, lol! All my life I've had great sympathy for the Jewish people, for what they endured before and during the European WW2. After all, one of my adopted families is jewish and lived in a kibbutz, and I miss Karen's friendship!

But Palestinians and Palestine are not a Jewish problem but a British one. Their collective guilt of political indifference to the holocaust and their desire to divert the Jewish refugee flood from Europe away from their island, resulted in Israel. it was politics, not sympathy, that Brits offered Jews.

If I had to choose a side today it would be Palestine every time - this was brought home to me by the narc Brit sceps demanding sympathy for their Jewish ancestors while being completely indifferent to present-day Palestine's ongoing holocaust! For the first time I was fiercely glad that India was pro-Palestine and anti-Israel.

The sceps also made some positive changes in my thinking. My attempt to limit homeopathy by mamaDNA is a result of wanting limits. I saw that it was necessary because of the wild claims of curing everything with homeopathy.

It *does* reduce a healing method not to know it's limits. It *does* push credibility too far. We've neglected the wisdom of the alcoholics anonymous prayer. That's the crux of their argument - cure-alls invite denialistic derision. And rightly so.

I would like to see more homeopaths admitting what they could not cure than another claim of curing ... well, anything! Too bad that defensiveness has prevented that aspect from being a part of the 200 yr history.


No comments:

Post a Comment