Friday, June 5, 2015

Turpentine in use

Maya is drawing turpentine oil on and off. I applied it on the skin twice, today the second time, but I'm terrified of it because the web literature is so horrifying. All advice against it for dogs and cats, like here and here (Periera, 1854))claim that Turpentine will kill the dog or at least leave it staggering, sluggish and sick. It should leave skin ulcered according to one account - god forbid.

This is the one site that actually says something positive about it in actual use - and it's for farm animals in Australia (to save them from paralysing ticks). The other positive indicator for its use is when it has been used as a wound healer in some sprays for animals with castor oil and an explanation here (turpentine healer).

I've found the homeopathic Terebinth to be universally drawn by dogs and cats when they're sick, in shock or with kidney and worm issues. 6x and 10m is what they usually draw it at.

I'm more uncertain about using the actual turpentine, but they do draw it. I've been putting a few drops in their food with no ill effects on either dogs or cats. The toxic dose is supposed to be about 818 mg according to one site.

The problem is that even though there are no ill-effects, I can't see any positive effects either - nothing obvious at least, among all the new things I've been trying all at once.:/

With most of the nutrients this seems to be the problem - I can't see obvious good effects, though there are no real ill-effects. The one exception might be Magnesium Chloride - they all did improve considerably with it in both food and transdermal therapy as did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment