Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ants falling off my mango tree

I really don't want to hurt these poor ants, but since I put the magnesium sulphate/potash/NPK/Cu Sulph mix at the base of the tree (which is really the wrong place to put it, but there's cementing all around the drip-line) black ants have been dropping off of it.:/

Black ants aren't really hurting mango trees, I don't think, so I do feel sorry for them. Maybe I'm hurting the aphids on which the ants depend?

My tree doesn't look root-burned yet, even though I've put it so close to the trunk and the leaves have stopped falling off, so I'm still hopeful that when it drew Potassium and Magnesium through Reiki, it meant that it needed nutrients. I might have overdone it a bit.

The problem with supplimentation right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment