Friday, December 19, 2014

More clarity from Scrofula: Wunderlich's description

I'm reading this and putting some of the fascinating and horrifying details of the theory of scrofula here from the same text as the previous. I've never really read a description like this before - I've never quite understood Gravogyl's types - most authors have just stuck to the superficial (blue eyes, etc.) and personality traits which are useless to me to heal animals.

It fits really well into the mitochondrial theory - that areas rich in mitochondria are the last to lose their function - so the brain and spine are the last to go, but the most devastating of all. Wunderlich has this terrifying step-by-step description of how the disease spreads:

" the processes upon the skin, then those of the mucous membrane, then those of the lymphatic glands; fourthly, the affections of the bones and joints; and, finally, those of the fatal termination of scrofula,-appearance of tubercles in the brain, the lungs, and other internal parts" 

This direction is so true for dogs that I'm astonished (yeah, like healing started with me, and no one else has eyes to see!:) So if we look at each step this disease deepens (in my words - they're all so articulate and unsuccinct, you can read the original there):
  • Skin: Starts from wounds healing defectively and slowly, skin loses hair, grows thick and especially smelly pus in the ears. This lasts till the end and is actually a safety valve.
  • Mucus membranes: eyes, nose have chronic mucus, stomach and intestinal catarrh (vomiting whitish bile) with semi-paralysis (paresis) of the intestinal musculature (constipation, whitish-greenish stools, little balls); bronchial catarrhs.
  • Lymphatic Glands: Most common; throat, neck, axillary and inguinal, bronchial and mesenterial glands have a hypertrophica thickening, and firm infiltrations with a diminution of their functional capacity. Even thyroid, kidneys, ovaries, testes, etc.
  • Joints: malignant development starts with swelling and pains.Frequent relapses become chronic and the synovial membrane becomes affected, and it may end in firm deposits beneath the latter, or in puriform exudations in the cavity of the joints. Fistulae, necrosis, and morbidity.
  • Brain and nerves: Tuberculosis may become general; or tuberculous deposits in the mesenterial glands take place; next in the brain and its membranes, in the bronchial glands and lungs. Finally, ulceration of the bone, congestive abscesses, morbus Brightii, and the development of stearosis, may occasion death. Even in case of a cure there is inclination to relapses.
At each of these stages, I know a dog today struggling with  scrofula. But what most breaks my heart is to hear that before the brain is affected, the mesenteric glands develop deposits. THIS was the swelling I felt in Kitpit's intestines -- not that the intestines were full! This is why she could barely move and she kept drawing Hydrocotyle and the Umbelliferae - to reduce the thickening, hardening and blocking of the lymphatic drainage!! I could feel the little veins.

Ahhh, how this knowledge hurts! And I took her to the vet and they anally violated her. How I hate the ignorance of veterinary medince - and for so many years I've depended on them to tell me tales!:((

I need to console myself that I couldn't have saved her anyway. And if she was made to suffer unnecessarily by the vet visit, it was done in a desperate bid to save her life, not to make her end painful.

Anyway, worth knowing these stages, so we can figure out how to prevent them or if not (like in the cases of my dogs) how to heal them back from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment