Sunday, October 19, 2014

Wholistic: Across body systems

I think we non-allopaths should train our minds to see the body more wholistically. (Yes, I believe we all use this 'holistic' healing term with neither clarity nor intelligence.;)

Just because homeopathic remedies have an effect on mind, head, respiratory, extremities and skin doesn't make it wholistic! If that is the definition, then allopathy is even more wholistic because it can be used to circulate in the blood through the whole system, activating or depressing all of the living organism; or like chemo and radiation, kill and vitalize as it sees fit affecting the whole irreversibly.

Terms like 'neuro-lymphatic', 'angio-neurotic', 'cerebro-spinal', 'psychosomatic', (I've just run out ... shows how little there is out there!) are areas of 'holistic' healing that we can excel at. I'd even make my own list to add to that:
-intestinal-dermal (when intestinal disfunction is reflected on the skin)
-thalamic-muscular (when the thalamus creates muscular disfunction)
-emotional-glandular (when emotions cause glands to disfunction)
-hypothalamic-circadian-hormonal (when the hypothalamus is depressing the body's cyclical needs)

Just saying. I've run out actually, but I was glad when I got that neurolymphatic term from Donna Eden - I've been chewing on it ever since.:)

[I've read the term neuro-vascular, but it somehow that makes no sense to me ... maybe they mean blood circulated through the liver/lungs by the autonomous nervous system? Apparently not. According to wikipedia it is where the nerves, lymph glands and blood travel together in the thorasic region - no particular use to us.]

Neuromuscular and musculoskeletal are again quite useless to energy medicine's wholism, or less useful, since they refers to the massage of skeletal striated muscles (spine) by manipulation like Rolfing. Since Rolfing claims to release emotion from muscle fascia, we can keep it in as 'emotional-muscular'
-emotional-muscular - (where muscles retain memory)

No comments:

Post a Comment