Monday, September 15, 2014

Partial Healer Review: Energy Medicine - The Scientific Basis (Oschman,2000)

I have, of course, a pirated version which I hope you'll all download. I wish I could hate books and authors so that I don't have to finish them (hours and hours of reading them in a too-bright screen dismays me) but I honestly loved this book. So many things that I've felt and understood in my healing work, he puts into a scientific context. I'll review the book in a more detailed fashion, but here's a part that spurred me to get on Blogger:

He talks about Schumann resonances: energy from lightning that bounces around like radio waves (FM) or from solar flares or some other cosmic radiation. I've always felt like there's a 'cosmic ping' that enhances my healing when all goes right. Then he goes on to say that healers shouldn't really blame themselves when healing varies because it might be linked to astro- or geophysical events that are larger than we are. Such a relief! I've been in the habit of blaming my smoking or laziness to meditate for my varying energies.:) I guess the moon cycle and weather are two such times of lowered healing powers - just when they are needed the most! Which is because sick animals get sicker when these resonances are down. Explains a great deal about my obsession with immunizing them to these influences, doesn't it?


But the most interesting part is when he talks about the healers who resonate with the Schumann rhythm being the best healers. He calls this Entrainment. This brought up a few memories!
I've healed 2 or 3 dogs between '94-'98 in what appeared to be 'miraculous' episodes when I did the first degree in Reiki (lol, it seemed to me for a long time that the later degrees until Mastership were a waste ... after that my healing work has only been adequate.:). I used to have energy gushing out of my hands like rivers at all times day and night; I could feel trees and plants from 15-20 feet away, feel them drawing on my energy or giving energy; and I could see auras so easily, so effortlessly! I realise now that growth involves these periods when you try something new and higher and the bar goes up and slips out of reach for years and years.

Anyway, general nostalgia aside, these dogs I healed had the beginnings of distemper or some deep, wasting disease. They were all young and I sat with them for hours in the typical enthusiasm of a new healer. At some point, around the half-hour to one hour mark, I got past the drowsiness (that now overtakes me when I heal) and felt drawn into a vortex and 'stuck' in some kind of thick endless energy glue with the dog, me and the universe locked in place. We stayed stuck until it unglues and the dog and I spring back into the present. Those dogs were completely healed in that space of time! (Also, I was not drained, as I am these days when I try to heal too much - I came out of it feeling normal or slightly energized). The dog usually gets spooked and runs away - even though it could barely stand up before the healing - and resumes normal dog-life as if the sickening never happened.

Oschman has an explanation for this: he says that good healers get 'entrained' by the oscillations when all the molecules of the healer, the healee and the geophysical energies fall into a rhythm. This allows for accelerated healing in tune with the cosmic body.

So very good to know that other healers have had the same experience, and not just that, but that science is finding ways to explain it that will make finding it less scary for the next gen of healers! I know that I've pulled back many times from falling into that state (after the involuntary the first few times) because I was afraid that I was being 'possessed' by some other entity!! Haha, I've been so idiotic in retrospect because it makes no sense to mourn imperfect healings if I can't allow myself to resonate with the healing frequencies.:D

Now thanks to Oschman's book, I might have the courage to fall into that state and not fear it. This also makes me realise how I can heal larger numbers by doing the Reiki part more seriously to get into the resonance and reach out to all the animals.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment