Alkaline puppies or electropositive:
- Alkaline remedies are indicated and curative for the excessively alkaline puppies.
- Alkaline puppies with inflammation of the brain, effusion and coma would suggest such remedies as Gelsemium, Belladonna Veratrum viride, Arnica, Opium, Apis.
- In bowel disorders: For the alkaline puppies, Kali, Hepar sulphuris, Belladonna, Tartar emeticus.
- For alkaline puppies select from Nux vomica, Mercurius, Kali, Calcarea, Chamomilla, Dulcamara, Alumina.
- In diseases of the skin: the moist eruptions or pustules of the alkaline puppies need such alkaline remedies as Calcarea, Baryta, Mercurius, Dulcamara. I would place in this list Graphites, although Hering places it in the acid list.
- Evening aggravation of the same (diarrhoea) indicates the alkalies or electropositive drugs ; with coughs the reverse is the case.
- An aggravation in the morning indicates the alkalies. Midnight to noon.
- alkaline: pale lips, thin puppies, large distended stomach, secretes large amount of gastric juice, strongly acid. Acidity means decay.
- In Infancy: all of the secretions but two have an alkaline reaction.
- the infantile digestion is chiefly intestinal. The amount of work the infantile liver has to perform is enormous, as the bile stream has to emulsify and saponify the large amount of milk taken by the pup to get it ready for absorption. This biliary flow has a double alkaline reaction and gives alkalinity to the whole system, and this alkalinity is, or should be, the normal condition for many years.
- The chemical composition of the bile, as far as ascertained, is the cholate and taurate of soda (biliverdin, bilirubin), cholestrin, etc. Cholestrin is the debris of the nerve fat, and no doubt aids the emulsifying of the milk fat. Biliverdin and rubin give color to the bile derived from the coloring matter of the blood.
- The reaction of the pancreatic juice is strongly alkaline, due to the presence of sodium carbonate. It also contains much albumin, sodium chloride and lime.
- The food of the infant, mother's milk, is, we know, normally of an alkaline reaction. Aside from the water, butter and sugar of milk we have also casein with salts of potassium, soda and lime to digest and absorb.
- The next set of glands that come into activity is the salivary. This also has an alkaline reaction, as do also the intestinal juices. The base of the saliva is supposed to be the sulphocyanide of potassium. Thus we see that about the sixth month, when the teething process is active, that the alkaline secretions are reinforced. It is found by Prof. Sonsina that a pup cannot completely digest starch until it is over ten months of age.
- hydrogenoid, worse from cold air
- We see that, chemically speaking, the healthy pup is alkaline. Externally it presents a plump, rosy appearance.
- Feeding alkaline puppies: In these cases it is the fatty acids that poison, they need close watching. A dose of sour milk will poison them so that the wasting in a few hours is alarming. The tendency in these puppies is to the gastric catarrh, as we have seen, and this is increased by fatty acids liberated in the stomach. For this reason, as they grow older, although oatmeal gruel and milk is a good diet, still if the meal is not fresh and the milk at all stale it sours on the stomach and the pup is made sick. Cream food does not usually agree with these puppies, but corn starch well cooked and added to the milk iisually agrees when they are young. "
Remedies: Gauber's salt (nat sulph)
Remedies: Natriim nitricum, NatriiDi carboniciim, Acetate of soda and Sal. ammoniac especially belong here (to the hydrogenoid) ; moreover, in this series we may mention as nutritionremedies Calcarea carbonica Magnesia carb. and phos Silicea then, and for other reasons adduced. Iodine Bromine Chlorine Nitric acid Natriim viuriaticiim Borax Antimony Alum, Thuja, Carbo, Arnica, Aranea diad., Pulsatilla, Nux vomica with Ipecac or Arsenic in alternation, Conium, Apis, Spigelia and animal food.
Pregnant females: Alkaline salts of Sodium, magnesium, pottassium.
Diseases: spinal hyperamia, the other form of tuberculosis (!!?)
Puppies that are acid-alkaline or neutral:
- When the pup bias is not extreme and such remedies as Hepar sulphuris, Calcarea iodium, Mercurius iodatus, Calcarea phosphorus, etc., are indicated by the symptoms we would expect, as we doubtless get, a more marked action of the element in the remedy that corresponds to the constitution of the pup. For example, the action of Sulphur, Iodine and Phosphorus would be more marked in the acid than in the alkaline one. We see here a possible explanation why Baryta carb. is such an efficient one in the chronic enlarged glands in excessively fleshy subjects.
Carbonnitrogenous constitution (neutral or go both ways)
Remedies: ozone or ozone water itself its most powerful remedy.
Here belong also all substances which expel carbon and nitrogen and take up ozone or transfer it to others and excite oxygen, or stand in similar chemical or physical relation to it, viz.: Copper, Phosphorus, Sulphur, Gold, Silver, Lead, Platina, Ethereal oils, Turpentine, Rhus, Dulcamara, Chamomilla, Lycopodium, Bovista, Belladonna, even Nux vomica, but given alone. Digitalis, Hyoscyamus, Opium, Lobelia injlata.'\
tissue builders like Sulphur, Calc Phos, Calc Sulph