Monday, December 2, 2013

Borland's Pneumonias

Pneumonia is what we should dread more than the distemper, in what I read on the net. None if the Veterinary/Homeopathy sites treat this subject as well as Douglas Borland.

Homeopaths are organizational geniuses. Douglas Borland is one of them who had simplified the treatment of pneumonia for me (just picked up his book yesterday). I've lost my anxiety a bit in theory ... I might treat the next distemper case with more confidence thanks to his simplification.

He's divides the disease stages into 3 with the appropriate remedies in 1m or 10m, 4 hourly dose for 24 hours:

Initial stage: Aconite, Belladonna, Ferrum Phos, Ipecac.

Simple (frank) Pneumonia: Bryonia, Phosphorus, Veratrum Viride or Chelidonium.

Complicated Pneumonia: Baptista, Mercury, Rhus tox, Pyrogen, Hepar, Lachesis.

Creeping type or definite Broncho-pneumonia: Pulsatilla, Natrum Sulph, Senega, Lobelia.

Late Pneumonia: Ant tart, Carbo veg, Kali carb, Arsenic, Lycopodium, Sulphur.

@@@@@
Of these I'd like to put down what Roo responded to and didn't, just to remember:

She drew strongly for: Belladonna, Ipecac, Bryonia, Mercury, Pyrogen
Aconite, , Ferrum Phos, Natrum Sulph, Carbo veg, Arsenic, Sulphur

She didn't draw: Veratrum Viride or Baptista, , Rhus tox, , Hepar, Lachesis, , Kali carb

I didn't try: Phosphorus, Senega, Lobelia, Lycopodium, Pulsatilla, Ant tart

.Now with clearer guidelines on remedy, use, potency and stage, I hope to have the next dog survive. And you too. Wishing you luck!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment